Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Compound


It's my last day in India, at least for a while. Since I didn't have anyone to go with on an adventure, I've stayed at the house all day and studied GWT. I took a break in the afternoon and walked around Prestige Ozone, the "premier community" in which our Whitefield guest house is located. It's a charming community, obviously catering to transplants from other countries. I saw many different types of families, and I recognized English and German. There are probably other nationalities located here as well.

The amenities here are very nice. It's immaculately kept up, there is a large pool, a sauna, multiple play areas, multiple ponds like the one shown, an amphitheatre, and a big field where the kids were playing.

I walked around for a while to get some sunlight on me before the rains came (they come every afternoon during "pre-monsoon" season). I stopped and sat on a bench for a while to get some sunlight before I resumed my studies. It is so very different here in the community when you compare it to what is less than a tenth of a mile away...


And they don't want it coming in easily...

No comments: